- Insurance Bad Faith
- Wrongful Death
- Litigation and Appeals
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Estate Planning / Wills and Probate
Roger N. Messer is a fourth generation Floridian. He is married with two children, including Steven Messer, his law partner. Roger Messer has argued cases before the Florida Supreme Court in Tallahassee; the Second District Court of Appeals (Lakeland); Third DCA (Miami); and the Fourth DCA (West Palm Beach). He has handled over a hundred jury trials with the emphasis of trial practice and office practice in recent years being personal injury, wrongful death and insurance law.
Roger is very involved in the community and has participated in the following organizations:
Past District Governor 2007-2008 Lions District 35-D Florida and the Bahamas
Member St. Lucie West Lions Club 1995 Present, Charter
President 1995-1996, President 2003-2004
Member Ft. Pierce Lions Club 1979 1995, President 1984 - 1985
President, Florida Lions Foundation for the Blind, Inc. 2005-2006
Member Executive Committee, Florida Lions Foundation for the
Blind, Inc. 1983 Present, General Legal Counsel 1983 Present
Led successful Foundation lobbying effort before Fla. Legislature to restore funding for Eye Medical Program of Fla. Div. of Blind Services - 2004
Melvin Jones Fellow, 1994
Manager Port St. Lucie Little League 1990 1992 All-Star Manager, 1990
Manager Ft. Pierce American Little League 1988 1989,
League Champs 1989, All-Star Manager 1989, Coach 1998-2002, All-Star Coach 2001, Former League V.P. and Umpire in Chief
Team Sponsor PSL National Little League 1990 Present
Coach & Sponsor American Legion Post 358 Baseball 1993-1995
District 17 Staff Umpire 1987-2002, 1991 State Tourney Umpire
Former Manager and Sponsor, YMCA Tee Ball
Sponsor Mako Girls Soccer Team 2004-Present
Member Inaugural Sub-Committee for Gov. Reubin Askew 1970
Alternate Delegate Democratic National Convention, 1980
State Democratic Committeeman 1990 1995
St. Lucie County DEC Chairman 1981-1985
Vice Chairman, 16th Cong. Dist., Fla. Dem. Party, 1992-1995
Former Member Salvation Army Advisory Board
Member Florida State University Alumni Assn.
Member: Nature Conservancy
Member: Sierra Club
Member: Treasure Coast Seminole Boosters
In addition to his community involvement, Roger and the firm of Messer & Messer have a high level of pro bono work. In 2007 Messer & Messer received the Chief Justice's Law Firm Commendation for delivery of pro bono services to the poor and charitable associations - from the Florida Supreme Court - the smallest firm ever to receive the award. Their pro bono activities and awards include:
1992 Fla. Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award
Gen. Counsel, Fla. Lions Foundation for the Blind, 1983-Present.
2000 Port St. Lucie Bar Association Pro Bono Attorney of the Year.
Messer & Messer was the Port of St. Lucie and 19th Circuit Pro Bono Law Firm of the year for 2005
Has argued cases before the Florida Supreme Court in Tallahassee; the Second District Court of Appeals (Lakeland); Third DCA (Miami); and the Fourth DCA (West Palm Beach).
APPELLATE CASES OF INTEREST:
The Florida Supreme Court recently ruled that Florida Attorneys are not allowed to list their verdicts and settlements on their web sites. This information is available by request only. If you'd like to receive a narrative outlining various results including jury verdicts and out-of-court settlements obtained by this office, please submit a request using the Email Me link found in this profile.
TRIAL AND PERSONAL INJURY CASE EXPERIENCE:
Has handled over a hundred jury trials. The emphasis of trial practice and office practice in recent years has been personal injury, wrongful death, and insurance law.
TRIAL CASES OF INTEREST:
The Florida Supreme Court recently ruled that Florida Attorneys are not allowed to list their verdicts and settlements on their web sites. This information is available by request only. If you'd like to receive a narrative outlining various results including jury verdicts and out-of-court settlements obtained by this office, please submit a request using the Email Me link.
Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers: Cost Effective Use of Demonstrative Evidence. Personal Injury Seminar Boca Raton and Tampa, Florida, May, 1994.
Florida Justice Assn,, Workhorse Seminar, Orlando, Florida, February, 2010. Subject: Handling the Driving Under the Influence Uninsured Motorist Claim and Using the Defense Compulsory Medical Examiner to Your Client's Advantage.
OFFERS FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONS
For personal injuries there is never a fee unless we win for you. In addition, in personal injury cases all costs are advanced by our law office and if we do not win you will not have to repay the fees. We also offer a competitive fee schedule. For probate cases there is a free consultation and we will quote you a fee at the time of your consultation depending on your case.
Phi Delta Phi (International Legal Fraternity)
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- J.D. - 00/1977
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.A. - 00/1972
- Major: Government
- Florida, 1977
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1979
- Lions International President's Appreciation Award, Recipient
- Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award, Recipient
- Melvin Jones Fellowship, Recipient
- Chief Justice's Law Firm Commendation, Florida Supreme Court
- Lions District 35-D Crusader Award
Classes & Seminars
- Invited Lecturer, "Cost Effective Use of Demonstrative Evidence", Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Personal Injury Seminar - Boca Raton and Tampa, Florida, May, 1994
- Invited Lecturer "Handling the Driving Under the Influence - Uninsured motorist Claim and Using the Defense Compulsory Medical Examiner to Your Client's Advantage, Florida Justice Association, Workhorse Seminar, Orlando, Florida, February 2010
- General Counsel, Florida Lions Foundation for the Blind, 00/1983
Current Employment Position
- Senior Partner, 1987
- Port St. Lucie Bar Association, Charter Member and President, 1999-2000, 1999
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Eagle Member
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section Member
- St. Lucie West Lions Club, Charter President, 1995
- Ft. Pierce Lions Club, 1979 to 1995
- Florida Lions Foundation for the Blind, Executive Committee, 1983
- Little League Manager, Coach, Umpire or Team Sponsor, 1988
- Florida State University Alumni Association, Member
- Sailfish Seminole Booster Club, Charter President
- M.A.D.D., Supporter
- Sierra Club, Member
- District Governor, Lions District 35-D, Florida & Bahamas, 2007 to 2008
- Florida Bar Association, Member, 1977
- American Justice Association (Formerly American Trial Lawyer's Association), Member
- Florida Justice Association (Formerly Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers), Member, 1981
- Messer & Ray, Port St. Lucie, Florida, Senior Partner, 1987
- Sneed & Messer, Fort Pierce, Florida, Partner, 1978 to 1987
- Office of the Secretary of the Air Force , Former Legislative Research Assistant, The Pentagon, 1972 to 1974