Messer & Messer Law Offices

Toll-Free 866-789-9936

Florida 772-204-0904

May 2016 Archives

Judge orders child support payments, threatens jail sentence

No matter who you are, if you skip on paying child support, you could be in deep trouble with the law. Mothers or fathers who need that income can file a complaint, and the court can order that child support be paid. If it isn't paid after a court issues the order, it's possible that the person who doesn't pay will have to go to jail and serve a sentence.