Messer & Messer Law Offices

Toll-Free 866-789-9936

Florida 772-204-0904

May 2019 Archives

Music producer sues ex for full custody of minor daughter

After the breakdown of a marriage, parents must agree on the arrangements for their children. They will need to determine which parent will get custody of the child and who will have visitation rights. However, such arrangements don't always work as expected. Many times, custodial interference arises due to a violation of the parenting plan or court order by a parent.

Singer avoids jail by paying in arrears child support

Non-custodial parents are obligatory by law to pay child support so that the parent with primary custody does not have to struggle for maintaining the children's standard of living. In case of someone's failure to pay court-ordered child support, the state and federal laws mandate strict enforcement procedures. A non-custodial parent's failure to keep up payment can subject them to stiff penalties and even jail time.

Grandparents get custody of Florida boy

When parents get divorced, the order will specify in detail who the children will live with and when the non-custodial parent will have visitation rights. In most cases, parents discuss and set up these arrangements between themselves, either voluntarily or with the assistance of their attorneys or a mediator.

Communication technology and co-parenting

In divorce cases, residents of Florida may know that child custody issues often arise. The parents may settle this issue through negotiation; however, if they can't reach an agreement, the court will make the decision. Whoever decides, child custody decisions must always be in the best interests of the child.

Court: kids with ex-mistress should share in 'good fortune'

When married parents divorce or break up, or when only one of the unmarried parents of a child has custody, the court may order the non-custodial parent, the parent with whom the child does not live, to pay a certain portion of their income as child support.